Research Into Action is seeking candidates knowledgeable in the energy efficiency, renewable energy, and resource conservation fields. We are interested in someone with experience designing and conducting surveys and interviews, analyzing primarily quantitative but also qualitative data, and assisting in preparing client-focused reports. This individual will work with research teams to conduct program evaluation and market research projects and deliver meaningful and useful findings, conclusions, and recommendations to clients.
Desired qualifications and capabilities:
- A Master’s Degree in social sciences (Psychology, Sociology, Public Policy, Economics, Geography, Environmental or Sustainability, Communications Research, Political Science, etc.)
- Academic or employment experience designing, fielding, and analyzing one or more surveys, ideally collecting data by telephone or in-person
- Demonstrated interest in market research or process evaluation, and in sustainable energy required (demonstrated through course work, employment, or volunteer experience)
- Experience conducting ANOVA, parametric and nonparametric tests, linear regression, and multivariate analyses. Some knowledge in Bayesian statistics or multilevel regression is a plus.
- Experience with SPSS, R, SAS, Stata, or other analytical software; experience with qualitative software analysis tools such as Nvivo is a plus
- Fluency with the Microsoft Office Suite; with emphasis on Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Clear writing and speaking skills
- A strong work ethic and experience working under deadlines and within budgets
We may consider candidates who do not possess these minimum qualifications or lack an advanced degree for a Research Associate position.
Final position level and salary is commensurate with experience. We encourage applications from candidates who can work in our Portland, Oregon headquarters. This position is a 40-hour “at will” position.