Research Into Action is looking for an experienced senior consultant with experience and interest in the energy efficiency, renewable energy, and resource conservation field designing and conducting surveys and interviews, directing data collection efforts, analyzing qualitative and quantitative data, preparing client focused reports, and writing winning proposals. The duties of this person will be to both conduct and to lead project teams in conducting these program evaluation and market research activities, and to deliver meaningful and useful projects through extensive engagement with clients. Duties will also include business development in the form of assistance with proposals, identifying business opportunities, and preparing and presenting papers at conferences. There are two levels of Senior Consultant (1 & 2); the levels pertain to combined relevant experience and education.
Applicants should have:
- A masters or Ph.D. in social sciences (Psychology, Sociology, Economics, Geography, Environmental or Sustainability, Political Science, etc.)
- Three or more years of experience as a member of a research team conducting process evaluations and market research projects
- Three of more years energy efficiency or renewable energy experience
- Five years or more experience with SPSS or other statistical and analysis software
- Experience with client engagement and management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Clear writing and speaking skills
- Fluency with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- A “will do” commitment to meet strict deadlines
The annual salary is competitive and depends on experience and level of senior consultant. The location is flexible. This position is a 40-hour “at will” position.