Research Into Action seeks a Technical Writer/Editor to perform technical and copy editing on our research reports, proposals, conference papers and other internal and client-facing deliverables. Editing will include checking for grammar, syntax, and flow. This position will also coordinate with the Research Into Action marketing and technical teams to develop marketing content, including: newsletter and blog content, case studies, and qualifications packages.
- Collaborate with the Marketing & Document Production Manager:
- Review and edit all proposals, including both technical and marketing content.
- Develop or update firm qualifications language as necessary
- Work with Project Managers and other technical staff to review and edit:
- Technical, PowerPoint reports, or other client deliverables
- Conference abstracts, presentations, and papers
- Work with technical staff to ghostwrite, co-write, or review newsletter and blog content, as well as website case studies
- Maintain and update company style guide as needed
- Work with staff to develop and strengthen technical writing abilities, as necessary:Working one-on-one as needed with specific staff members to assess writing abilities, address stumbling blocks and provide guidance on structure, style, and grammar.
- Providing more general guidance to staff on writing best practices, style, and grammar as needed.
- 4+ years of technical editing or writing experience, preferably for the clean energy or utility industries
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, and/or a related field
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent MS Office Suite skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of professionals with diverse backgrounds in social science, economics, psychology, environmental science, statistics, or other technical fields
- Experience working in a deadline-driven environment
- Preference will be given to individuals with prior experience or familiarity with clean technology, energy efficiency, and renewable energy programs, services, and products.